Onderzoeksoutput per jaar
Over de organisatie
The research areas of the Chair are:
- Structural properties of timber and timber products
- Reinforced Connections
Structural properties of timber and timber products
Topics not yet fully understood and that still are important for structural design are the tensile (splitting) and compressive strength and stiffness perpendicular to grain of timber. Strategies to develop models require knowledge of fracture mechanics, damage and stress accumulation theories and stress analyses using theoretical and numerical approaches. Examples of research projects project are some of which have been studied by master students are:
- stresses analyses of non-prismatic timber beams and portal frame corners;
- the spreading of support stresses perpendicular to grain;
- splitting of beams caused by connections perpendicular to grain;
- stress concentration of notched beams;
- structural assessment and repair of historic timber structures and foundations;
- structural behaviour of historic timber connections;
- high rise timber buildings, in-fill frame options, reinforced connections;
- wood based panel products; determination of design rules for application as integrated roof-, floor-, and wall elements;
- Ageing, creep and swelling processes in wood used for surface painting;
- bamboo used as structural elements.
- Awarded the Royal IBC-price for research on timber connections.
- Initiated and managed European wide research projects and industry sponsored research projects, presented research results in many conferences and by guest lectures.
- Jury member of Dutch Timber Innovation Award 2000.
- Chairman of the Dutch Structural Timber Code committee.
- Member of the Dutch society of Timber designers.
- Dutch representative in Cost-action E8 and E24 (reliability of timber structures) of the European Community.
- Member of CIB/W18, RILEM-MTE , IUFRO-s 5.02, ISO/TC165
- Head of Dutch delegation in European standardization CEN/TC124 – Timber Structures.
- Chairman of CEN/TC250/SC5 - Eurocode 5 – Design of Timber Structures
- Convenor of CEN/TC124/WG1 – Test methods of the Committee of European Standardization.
- European Code writer of final draft Eurocode 5 – Design of Timber Structures.
- Spend sabbaticals at University of British Columbia, Canada, Kyoto University, Japan and Auckland University, New Zealand.
- Participated in the award winning research project “the Development of a timber Guardrail” sponsored by Ministry of Environment and Waterworks.
Assessing knowledge adoption in post-disaster reconstructions: Understanding the impact of factors and actors on adoption of hazard-resistant construction knowledge by disaster affected households in low-income areas that received different intensities of humanitarian technical assistanceHendriks, E., 31 dec 2020, (Geaccepteerd/In druk) Eindhoven: Technische Universiteit Eindhoven.
Onderzoeksoutput: Scriptie › Dissertatie 1 (Onderzoek TU/e / Promotie TU/e)
Activiteiten per jaar
Activiteit: Types publicaties van collegiale toetsing en redactioneel werk › Publicatie peer-review › Wetenschappelijk
Activiteit: Types lidmaatschap › Lidmaatschap van commissie › Wetenschappelijk
Analysis of glass parapets: calculation methods of glass parapets in aluminium parapet clamping profilesAuteur: Baidjoe, Y., 31 mei 2017
An in-depth theoretical review on the current regulations of multilayer timber floors with a fastener shear connection in general and Nur-Holz floor elements in particularAuteur: Nomden, M. G., 29 jan 2019
Begeleider: Jorissen, A. (Afstudeerdocent 1), Leijten, A. (Afstudeerdocent 2) & Tran, T. (Externe persoon) (Externe coach)
Behaviour timber moment connections with dowel-type fasteners reinforced with self-tapping screws in seismic areasAuteur: Fokkens, T., 31 mei 2017
Begeleider: Jorissen, A. (Afstudeerdocent 1), Leijten, A. (Afstudeerdocent 2) & Houben, J. (Externe persoon) (Externe coach)