definition and an overview of the language theory. Thus it can serve as an introduction to the papers [van Benthem Jutting 73] and [Zandlevem 73 (E.1)]. Among the various Automath languages this paper concentrates on the original version AUT-68 (because of its relative simplicity) and one extension AUT-QE (in which most texts have been written thus far).
The contents are:
1. Introductory remarks.
2. Informal description of AUT-68.
3. Mathematics in Automath: propositions and types.
4. Extension of AUT-68 to AUT-QE.
5. A formal definition of AUT-QE.
6. Some remarks on language theory.
|Title of host publication||Selected Papers on Automath|
|Editors||R.P. Nederpelt, J.H. Geuvers, R.C. Vrijer, de|
|Place of Publication||Amsterdam|
|Publisher||North-Holland Publishing Company|
|Publication status||Published - 1994|
|Name||Studies in Logic|